Black Pointe Bay French Roast is a dark roast coffee lovers dream! We love the craft of roasting. Maybe that’s why we have a special connection to our French Roast. Unlike a location-specific bean, the flavor distinction of French Roast coffee comes directly from the roasting process. We take great care to make sure our beans are always precision roasted to perfection. Every roast. Every time.
- COUNT: Includes 80 Single Serve Coffee Pods for Single Serve Brewing Systems
- ROAST: Dark - Full body, robust and bold
- FLAVOR PROFILE: A dark roasted coffee with smokiness and deep lingering richness that’s never bitter.
- 100% Gluten Free & Non-GMO: Our coffee products do not contain gluten or genetically modified ingredients
- INGREDIENTS: 100% Coffee
- CAFFEINE CONTENT: Black Pointe Bay coffees range from 90-300 mgs per servings
- SELECTION: Black Pointe Bay offers a selection of choices from light, medium and dark roasts.
- BRAND STORY: A coffee experience that's like no other! Black Point Bay is a proprietary blend of unique beans that are carefully roasted to deliver a gourmet coffee experience without a gourmet price. Try each of our gourmet roasts to find the one that works best for you!
- COMPATIBILITY: For use in all single serve brewing systems, including Keurig® 2.0. Single Serve coffee pods for Keurig K-Cup Brewers. Keurig® is a registered trademark of KEURIG GREEN MOUNTAIN, INC. K-Cups® is a registered trademark of KEURIG GREEN MOUNTAIN, INC.
What is French Roast Coffee?
Most people have little idea about what actually makes a coffee “French Roast.” Which makes sense, because the name is a bit misleading. French Roast coffee isn’t cultivated or even roasted in France, the term refers solely to the color the beans are roasted to.
The roasting process is responsible for certain flavor characteristics of a given brew. Taste, aroma, and body are all affected by the roast of the bean. Beans roasted to the French Roast classification are intensely rich and delicately smooth, with a bold, full-flavor taste.
How is French Roast Coffee Made?
A long time ago, coffee roast profiles were defined by the countries where they were most dominant. In France, people preferred their beans roasted to a dark mahogany hue. Of course, today, the market is much more varied—there are ample roast profiles and countries of origin, all of which impart distinct flavors into the coffee.
While the name carried on over all these years, coffee roasters now follow a more scientific method for defining the roast profile of their beans. It’s called the Agtron Scale—it measures bean color and goes from a level of 25 to 95. Typically, a French Roast coffee will fall between 28 and 35.
Each roaster’s bean preference and roasting formula is unique. At Black Pointe Bay, we start with only 100% Arabica beans for our French Roast. That’s a given. Then comes the fun part; we are a bit persnickety with the Agtron scale, we like our beans to fall smack dab in the 30-31 range, to produce a consistent, perfectly smoky flavor every time.
What Does French Roast Coffee Taste Like?
Generally, French Roast coffee is characterized by its velvety smooth, decadently rich body and dark, smoky flavor.
Black Pointe Bay's French Roast Blend stays true to its roots. It’s a full-bodied roast, with a hearty mouthfeel. A slightly sharp, bittersweet flavor profile is smoothed out nicely with the muted acidity brought about by the slow roasting process.
The aroma enters strong and settles soft like a whisper—dynamic but refined. Prominent notes of roasted cacao permeate quick and dissipate gently, leaving a pleasantly smoky feel in the air.
Dark-roasted for a loud, powerful flavor and fine-tuned for the most discerning palate, Black Pointe Bay's French Roast for K-Cup Keurig 2.0 Brewers are tailor-made for the elegantly adventurous type.
Great coffee starts with passion, the very best beans, and pride.
We source 100% Arabica beans from all over the world. Victor Allen’s Roastmasters coax out their unique flavors, carefully, one batch at a time. And that’s why, since 1979, we’ve been proud to bring you high–quality, roaster-fresh perfection.